While in Paris collecting the Ford Chairman’s Award John and Debbie had the greatest pleasure of being able to attend Le Mans and what a fantastic result they got!
TOP 5 in GT PRO – 24 Hours of Le Mans
18. (68) Hand/Muller/Bourdais (Ford) 340 laps
19. (82) Fisichella/Vilander/Malucelli (Ferrari) +1m00.200s
20. (69) Briscoe/Westbrook/Dixon (Ford) +1m24.794s
21. (66) Pla/Mucke/Johnson (Ford) +1 lap
23. (95) Thiim/Sorensen/Turner (Aston Martin) +2 laps
Ford Motor Company had another memorable day 50 years after the fantastic race of 1966. Following an immense battle with the No. 82 Ferrari, the No. 68 Ford GT got its nose in front – reliving the race of 1966 between the two notorious car manufacturers. On the 3 occasions that Ford overtook the Ferrari, Hand was behind the wheel, the Ford GT took up the lead in the 20th hour of the race for the last time.
There was a great team effort to achieve this fantastic result for Ford, to not only to be able to build the car and race it at Le Mans which is a great feat in itself they were able to win and be placed in the most challenging race in sportscar racing – we are so proud to be part of the Ford Family.
Photo credit of Ford Performance