Founded in 1977, Motability is a national charity helping disabled people, their families and carers become mobile. As one of the founding manufacturers of the programme, Ford are delighted to have supplied over half a million Motability vehicles to date, and in 2009 to be awarded the Scheme’s Best Manufacturer award with annual Motability registrations over 10,000.
We know that having a car can give you the freedom of independence. With Ford Mobility, we can also provide you with real freedom of choice, with an extensive range of award-winning cars that deliver versatility and roominess without compromising on performance, driveability or style.
You can also take advantage of the largest support network of any vehicle manufacturer and benefit from the service of over 800 dedicated Ford Motability Specialists.
There are two different schemes available: Contract Hire and Hire Purchase
- Can you get in and out of the car easily enough?
- Is there enough room for everything you need to carry with you (e.g. mobility aids, wheelchairs, etc.)?
- Can you use the controls easily as they are, or do they need to be modified for you?
- A brand new Ford of your choice every three years
- Insurance, loss and damage protection, personal accident cover for named drivers and passengers
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs at your Ford Dealer
- Full breakdown assistance from the RAC
- Window and windscreen replacement at no extra cost
- A 60,000 mile allowance during the three years
- Free replacement tyres fitted by Kwik-Fit
- The most popular adaptations arranged through your Motability accredited Ford Dealer
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (HRMC-DLA)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)